This bread is so moist from the apple sauce and zucchini. It’s perfect for a snack on the go or to bring over to a friends house as a gift. We actually got this idea from a friend and co-worker of ours at the pharmacy, Karen. She brought in the most delicious Zucchini loaf the other day. Thank you Karen! It’s got the spices for fall and the convenience of summer all wrapped into one tasty pan.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 2 cups of grated zucchini
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of honey
- ⅓ cup of coconut oil
- ½ cup of applesauce
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour or spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¾ cup of walnuts
- ¾ cup of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, line 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl combine wet ingredients together (egg, applesauce, honey, vanilla) and then add in all dry ingredients (cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder & salt) whisk until combined.
- Pour batter into into loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove and let cool for 10 mins. Remove parchment paper from pan and let cool completely, slice and enjoy!